Thursday, November 15, 2007

School Filming

Hey here is a set report and photos from the school set:

Last night, the film crew was shooting a scene in the cornfield behind
the school. A crew member said it's the scene where the police discover the body
of the murdered girl. The whole area was lit up by powerful lights, some on
booms eighty feet up in the air. It was quite foggy and hard to make out what
was going on, but I could clearly hear Mr. Jackson yelling "ready, action", then
"cut" a moment or two later. I only managed to take a couple of pictures before
my camera batteries died. The corn field and the athletic field behind the
school are a muddy mess, due to all the trucks and equipment being shuffled back
and forth in the rain.





1 comment:

Goofenslaffer said...

Last night, the area was ablaze with activity, this time on a side street just south of the school. This country road has houses along it that date back to the 1940s and 50s. There was a crew of at least 100, tons of equipment and bright lights lit up the area once again. There were two Panaflex cameras ready, one mounted on a motorized cart. Although I had my camera ready, there was no place to pull off the road to observe the filming and security whisked me out of there in a hurry, yelling "no pictures". Peter Jackson was there, preparing to direct the cameras into position.

As of late this afternoon, They are done! Gone! Alas, this unique experience has come to an end. My only regret is that I didn't take more pictures. I don't expect to see this kind of excitement in my neighborhood for a long time to come. However, there is a good film to look forward to this summer.